Celebrating the 100th Day of School!

We have another few weeks before we celebrate the 100th Day of School, but I notice many friends in blogland are already celebrating.   So, I thought I would put together this post highlighting some ideas for celebrating the 100th day.

Here are some things you can do to lead up to the 100th day!  Click to check them out.


Check out Kathleen Pederson's awesome Zero the Hero unit!

In years past, we dressed up as 100 year olds.  I used Deanna Jump's free letter (click here to check it out).

The students bring in 100 items in a bag and write about them.  The letter and writing paper is available in my 100th Day Packet. 

I have also included a version where they make a 100th Day poster. 


Another cute idea from Deanna Jump is her 100th Day portraits.  You can find the templates in her 100th Day packet. 
You can snag the writing paper I made to go with it a few years ago here

I updated the writing paper and added it to my 100th Day Packet.


I made the students' names on their portraits by using my alphabets fonts from Lettering Delights.



This cute "When I am 100" idea is from Hope King:


The students' writing can be compiled into class-made books.  The covers and pages can be found in my 100th Day packet.



Our Kindergarteners take 100 steps from their classrooms and leave a footprint at the point they reach.

Michelle Oakes introduced me to the adorable book, The Wolf's Chicken.   She has included response activities in her 100th Day packet.


Cheryl Saoud has a whole unit based around Centipede's 100 Shoes!  Click here to check it out.

Here is a fabulous idea from Kim Adsit of KinderGals.  Click here to check out her packet.

I have seen lots of pins of my math mats.   Here are some more images for you.   I have included two versions of the mat in my 100th Day packet.   The second version of the mat is "ink friendly" and can be printed on color paper. 



These mats are perfect for counting 100 fruit loops for necklaces.

More 100th Day Math from my packet:




100th Day Math Ideas from Blog Friends:

From the fabulous Cara Carroll:


This is a freebie from Sarah Paul:


100th Day edible activities (click the images to go to the source):





You don't always have to dress up as 100 year olds!  Here are a few other ideas from my blog friends:


For more 100th Day ideas, check out my Pinterest page:

This year my grade level is trying something a bit different, we are going to celebrate the 101st Day of School!  I am working on a 101st Day of School Packet.  If you are interested, please follow my TpT store so you are alerted when I upload it!  

Thanks for stopping by!  I <3 comments.



7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love all of your ideas! I especially love when the entire class dresses up as a 100 year old person! Our kinder class creates a 100 day project. The teachers don't allow the parents to spend any money for supplies. They have to create anything using 100 objects they currently have at home. Students get very creative. Students have made everything from a snake made out of 100 bottle caps to a house made out of 100 macaroni's. Over the years we have seen the most creative projects.

    I had a question about the yellow marker-scribble background! I love love love them! Where can I find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is a very cute idea to create a project out of 100 items. The background paper is by Zip-a-dee-doo-da designs: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Zip-a-dee-doo-dah-Designs

      Delete
  2. Love it all! And excited to check out your 101 packet when finished! I used to love 101 dalmatians :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the 100 counting mats! I made some last year and we use them all the time! We've already had our 100th day, but I'm pinning for next year!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just celebrated our 100th day today! I will have to save some of these ideas for next year. We are always looking for new ideas! Thanks for sharing them. My kiddos also love to complete 100 addition facts.

    Kristen
    A+ Classroom Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your all of your ideas! We just celebrated our 100th day of school last Tuesday and had a blast! I cannot wait to try some of your ideas next year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...